Published on GoFundMe, created Feb 7, 2017.
This is the official campaign raising funds for Chelsea Manning. This campaign is being organized by her friends and family. I have known Chelsea as her attorney, advocate and friend for several years. The money will be deposited directly into her bank account, which is being managed by her current power of attorney. Upon her release on May 17th, she will have full control over all funds donated.
Chelsea Manning is a 29 year-old transgender woman and long-time leader in the LGBT community. She is a transparency activist, Guardian columnist, whistleblower and she is our close friend and family member.
For the past seven years, Chelsea has been incarcerated. She survived solitary confinement, systemic denial of health care and years of being separated from her friends and community. Through it all she has remained a steadfast voice for liberty and justice and an inspiration to so many. We now have a chance to show our appreciation for all that she has given us.
Following the commutation of her 35 year sentence, Chelsea will head home to Maryland on May 17, 2017 and we, her closest friends and family, are raising money to meet her survival needs … //
… (full text).
- Chelsea Manning: to those who kept me alive all these years, thank you, on The Guardian, by Chelsea E Manning, Feb 13, 2017: when I was afraid, you taught me how to keep going. When I was lost, you showed me the way;
- Chelsea Manning Thanks Prison Inmates for Keeping Her Going, on Time/US, by Tara John, Feb 13, 2017;
- The Injustices of Chelsea Manning’s Ordeal, on truthout, by Marjorie Cohn, Jan 28, 2017: after overseeing the aggressive prosecution and near-seven-year incarceration of Army whistleblower Chelsea Manning, President Obama — in one of his last acts in office — commuted all but four months of her remaining sentence but ignored the fact that he had taken no action on the war crimes that Manning revealed …;
- on en.wikipedia: Chelsea Elizabeth Manning (born Bradley Edward Manning, December 17, 1987) is a United States Army soldier who was convicted by court-martial in July 2013, of violations of the Espionage Act and other offenses, after disclosing to WikiLeaks nearly three-quarters of a million classified, or unclassified but sensitive, military and diplomatic documents. Manning was sentenced in August 2013 to 35 years’ imprisonment, with the possibility of parole in the eighth year, and to be dishonorably discharged from the Army …; /See also; /External Links;
Uploaded by Philip Hall:
- Edward Snowden, 90.40 min, Feb 14, 2017;
- Wikileaks’ Sarah Harrison on Edward Snowden and Julian Assange, 18.26 min, Feb 3, 2017;
- Everything about Donald Trump – Edward Snowden, 52.46 min, Jan 28, 2017;
- New series of outdoor classes to get kids in touch with nature, on The Shields Gazette, by Verity Ward, Feb 25, 2017: an environmental educational centre is starting a new series of events focused on helping children get a grip on the great outdoors;
- YOU CAN HELP – Seattle Audubon seeking outdoor-education volunteers to work with Sanislo, Lafayette students, on West Seattle Blog, Feb 23, 2017: Love the outdoors? Love to work with kids? Seattle Audubon.org is looking right now for volunteers to combine those interests by working with its FUN program at two local elementaries …;
- Great Basin Outdoor School gets kids out of the classroom to teach science, on KOLO TV, Nevada US, by Denise EWong, Feb 14, 2017;
- on en.wikipedia: Outdoor education usually refers to organized learning that takes place in the outdoors. Outdoor education programs sometimes involve residential or journey wilderness-based experiences in which students participate in a variety of adventurous challenges and outdoor activities such as hiking, climbing, canoeing, ropes courses and group games. John Muir Award is one organization which encourage and provide opportunities for outdoor learning. Outdoor education draws upon the philosophy, theory, and practices of experiential education and environmental education. Forest School is an approach to outdoor learning which supports the development of self-esteem and confidence using a natural environment …; /See also; /External Links;
- Outdoor School on Google Images-search;
Using Cleansing Rhetoric, Florida makes Off-Grid Living illegal, on Occupy Wall Street, by Collective Evolution.com/Streetnet, not dated: mighty interesting timing! Just as the U.S. solar industry is surging, with record sales last year, Florida is attempting to outlaw off-the-grid living altogether …;
- related: Off Grid Classroom on Google Images-search (click on a picture and go to the website;
- example: The Off Grid Classroom, on Mark Reynolds’ Microsoft UK Schools blog, by Jade Mulders, Jan 9, 2014: one of the best things about working in the Microsoft Education team is getting out to see our partners, to learn about innovative projects and new technology … the Off-Grid Classroom is essentially a container with solar panels on the roof and an IT rich classroom inside. It can keep the room (and the IT equipment) cool when used in hot climates, but the solar is powerful enough to run a class of 16 PCs and a teacher station even when it’s sitting in a rainy car park in Berkshire … Here are 5 great things about the Off-Grid Classroom concept: Fast to deploy and fully self-contained; Solar powered – sufficient power to work in daylight and dark hours and designed to work completely off grid; Secure environment for the classroom equipment; Different sizes: a 20 foot container for 15 pupils and 1 teacher, or a 40 foot container for 30 pupils and 1 teacher; Enabled for internet connectivity via smart small cell (additionally capable of providing 2G or 3G connectivity for the community) … Both schools and the IT sector have a responsibility to think about the environmental impact that increasing amounts of technology equipment is having on the planet – not to mention on schools electricity bills. If you know of innovative solutions for Green IT or have done a project at your school looking at technology and the environment, then we’d love to hear about it. I wonder how many of our classrooms will be Off-Grid in 10 years’ time? … full text);
Age and Political Party Shape Americans’ Attitudes to Russia, on Strategic Culture.org, by Eric Zuesse, Feb 25, 2017: The ‘Cold War’ (U.S. versus Soviet Union — now fear of Russia) is increasingly hot for America’s Democrats, and for America’s oldsters; but not for Republicans and youngsters. How can this be explained? Considering the facts, these parts of the picture-puzzle fit together, to show a remarkable picture of where America is heading …;
Wer den Wind sät … was westliche Politik im Orient anrichtet – Dr. Michael Lüders, 71.04 min, hochgeladen von Freie PropagandaNEO, am 31. Jan 2017 … Vortrag in der Tele-Akademie SWR;
- dazu das gleichnamige Buch, bei amazon.de;
- auf de.wikipedia: Michael Lüders (* 1959 in Bremen) ist ein deutscher Politik- und Islamwissenschaftler, der als Publizist sowie Politik- und Wirtschaftsberater tätig ist …; Weblinks;
- related: Integrisme and our Free World, on Humanitarian Texts, Feb 11, 2006;
… and this: